The footrace from Castiglione delle Stiviere to Solferino
Saturday 23 June 2018 at 18
Also this year the Italian Red Cross renews the appointment with the footrace before the Fiaccolata, starting on June 23rd at 6pm. The race, now in its 15th edition, is one of the activities included in Solferino 2018, the occasion that every year celebrates the Fundamental Principles and Values of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
The race will connect the Red Cross Museum of Castiglione delle Stiviere to the Memorial of the Red Cross in Solferino.
The race will anticipate the traditional Fiaccolata from Solferino to Castiglione delle Stiviere, which celebrates every year the importance of being "Tutti Fratelli", as a representation of the 190 National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies all over the world.
Responsibility: subscription to the footrace is equivalent to a declaration of physical fitness and the organization declines all responsibility for what may happen before, during and after the event.
- 5.00 pm meeting in Castiglione delle Stiviere (Parking Bersaglio - Piazzale Resistenza)
- 5.30 pm bags delivery
- 5.45 pm presentation of the event
- 6.00 pm start of the Race from the International Red Cross Museum, via Garibaldi 50 - Castiglione delle Stiviere (MN)
- 6.00 pm - 7.15 pm Race
- 7.15 pm Arrival to Solferino
- 7.30 pm Bus departure in the parking lot of the Trattoria Speranza, loc Staffolo, to bring the athletes back to Castiglione delle Stiviere.
- Asphalted and slightly wavy, it will be carried out at a constant pace to allow the group to be compact.
- Refreshments (water) will be prepared by the organization halfway through.
- A torch, taken in turn by the athletes, will always be at the head of the group.
- The event will take place under all weather conditions.
How to participate:
- To participate it’s necessary to fill out the registration form and send it to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Contribution of participation: € 5.00 to be paid at the moment of the race. The registration will be held at the International Museum of the Red Cross until 5.45 pm. Each participant will receive the t-shirt of the event to wear during the race.
- The Race will count with the presence of the paralympic champion Giancarlo Masini.
- The incom from the race will support the purchase of a lift for disable people at the International Red Cross Museum in Castiglione delle Stiviere.