Youth On The Move - International Youth Meeting 2019
This year the International Federation of the Red Cross and the Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) will celebrate its 100th anniversary, a landmark that makes us proud of still being part of the greatest humanitarian aid organization in the world.
To commemorate this event, the Italian Red Cross will host the 4th International Youth Meeting, a unique opportunity to gather youth representatives of the entire Movement of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies coming from all over the world.
The event will be held in Solferino from 17 to the 23 of June 2019.
This occasion will represent a significant opportunity to share our cultural identities and to enhance the solid bonds between our National Societies, while retracing the footsteps of Henry Dunant at the battle of Solferino where, in 1859, our historic journey began.
During the Meeting, Youth representatives from more than 130 Red Cross and Red Crescent National Society of the Movement will have the opportunity to attend a series of workshop held in three different languages by the IFRC on the following topics:
- Youth perspectives on the IFRC S2030;
- Success and the next decade of YABC;
- Why EDUCATION matters and why young people care;
- IFRC Y.E.S. Implementation Toolkit Launch.
Besides the training sessions, participants will be involved in all sorts of activities organized in the camp, including:
- The traditional Fiaccolata (22nd June);
- The International Market;
- The ToolFair;
- The visits to the RCRC Movement Historical Museum and Memorial;
- Sports activities (including indoor climbing!);
- Other side-events organized by the Italian Red Cross (concerts, Art workshop in collaboration with Cittadellarte | Fondazione Pistoletto, etc.).
In order not to forget anything important, here’s a non-exhaustive list of the necessary supplies and equipment you might need:
- Sleeping bag, sheets/blankets, pillow;
- Towels, flip-flop;
- Articles for personal hygiene;
- Comfortable clothes and shoes;
- RC/RC clothes;
- Other personal items;
- Personal medications;
- Sunscreen and the mosquito repellent;
- Valid Passport;
- Pocket money in euros.
- Last but not least, don’t forget all the material you’ll need for the International Market (music, traditions, typical food and costumes)
LOOKING FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU ALL IN SOLFERINO!
Italian Red Cross Shuttle Pick-Up for the RCRC International Youth Meeting Participants
from Milano Malpensa airport to the Red Cross Camp:
16th of June: h 10.00 - h 13.00 - h 16.30 - h 20.00 - h 23.45
17th of June: h 10.00 - h 13.30 - h 18.30 - h 20.00
from Venezia Marco Polo airport to the Red Cross Camp:
16th of June: h 14.30
17th of June: h 16.30 - h 20.00
from Bergamo Orio al Serio airport to the Red Cross Camp:
16th of June: h 12.00 - h 21.30
17th of June: h 09.30 - h 15.30 - h 23.30
from Verona airport to the Red Cross Camp:
16th of June: h 11.30 - h 16.00 - h 23.45
17th of June: h 10.30 - h 15.30 - h 23.00
from Milano Linate airport to the Red Cross Camp:
17th of June: h 14.30 - h 24.00
There will be also a pick up service for all participants that had previously informed the ItRC Staff Team of their arrival at the Desenzano del Garda train station (16th - 17th of June).
In order to facility the logistic organization of the event, we remind to all National Societies that the registration deadline to the Solferino International Youth Meeting is scheduled for the 2nd of May 2019.
National Societies in need of financial support can present the request for financial assistance not later than 2nd of May 2019, refering to the official email address for the event: internationalyouthmeeti